Sunday, September 15, 2013

Abraham 1

Wednesday, September 11, 2013


First off, I would like to bring up the fact that the first time it was confirmed to me that the Book of Mormon is true, I had never once opened the Book. I have been told and will assume this to be true, that my sincere desire alone was enough to find this answer. With that being said, I cannot think of a time where the Holy Ghost has testified the truth to me as I was reading. Until last night. As I read through the first page of the Book of Abraham, I felt a burning sensation in my chest unlike any I have ever felt. Scripture tells us that this is the Holy Ghost testifying of the truth. I know what I have read is true, and the Spirit confirms this. 
In verse 3, we learn that the Priesthood has been on this earth since the beginning of life - passed down to us from Adam. 
One verse that really caught my attention was verse 8, which states "Now at this time it was custom of the priest of Pharaoh, the king of Egypt, to offer up upon the after which was built in the land of Chalden, for the offering unto these strange gods, men, women, and children." The first thing that rushed through my mind is that our Heavenly Father is a kind and merciful God and would never ask us to do something like this. Life is the gift He gave us so that we could learn and eventually return to live with Him one day. It makes me wonder why people would ever think that any god would ever want such a sacrifice as this. 
Verse 11 specifies who three of the sacrifices were - three young virgins, one was of royal blood. They were sacrificed because they would not bow down and worship any other god. It is incredible to think that three young virgins would give their lives for something they know to be true and did not deny Heavenly Father as being the true God. 

No comments:

Post a Comment