Sunday, September 15, 2013

Moses 1

Friday, September 15, 2013


In this chapter Moses gets to see God face-to-face. Moses finds that God's presence is overwhelming and if he had not been transformed in such a way, being in God's presence would have killed him. This is very significant because later, when Satan is claiming to be His Only Begotten Son, Moses can stand in his resence without having to be transformed. 
There were a few verses I found that I would like to point out as being significant to me. The first of which is from verse 3. It states "...Almighty, and Endless is my name; for I am without beginning of days or end of years; and is not this endless?" He is literally telling us that He is with us always and He will never leave us. I find this incredibly comforting to know that there is always someone by my side to support and uplift me in all ways. 
He tells us that "man is nothing," (verse 10). Which is why we really need to depend and put our full trust in Him. He's there for us, and as hard as this may be to imagine, He loves us more than our parents and families ever could. 
In verse 15, it says "Blessed be the name of my God, for his Spirit hath not altogether withdrawn from me, or else where they glory, for it is darkness unto me? And I can judge between thee and God, for God said unto me: Worship God, for him only shalt thou serve." Moses is speaking to Satan basically saying he knows Satan is not God and he knows that what Satan says is not true. We are also told that God told Moses to only worship Him, not the Son. So since Satan is saying to worship the Son, who he is posing as, Moses knows that Satan's words are false. 
Lastly, in verse 24, "Moses lifted up his eyes unto heaven, being filled with the Holy Ghost, which beareth record of the Father and the Son," it states that the Holy Ghost is testifying that there is a Father and a Son. Throughout the scriptures, we learn that the Spirit testifies of the truth of ALL things. Not just some, but of ALL. And since it is testifying of a Father and a Son, we know that exist.  

No comments:

Post a Comment